Wednesday, January 27, 2010

State of the Union: Obama is on Fiya!


Even though I hate Obama's stance on education, I must say, I love him for pretty much everything else. Tonight's speech was animated, down to earth, and at times humorous and inspiring. We once again have an articulate and intelligent President.

I especially loved how he put the Supreme Court in their places and how the camera went straight to their shameful faces. Brilliant! I also liked what he had to say about community colleges, Pell Grant increases, Federal regulations on corporations, an end to tax breaks for big businesses and the wealthy, gays in the military, and clean energy.

However I wish he was more clear on his health care legislation. What does it entail and when we will we see this legislation in the flesh?

I think this was the best speech we have all heard in eight years. Its funny how no body criticized the monkey speeches we heard for eight years as much as people are criticizing tonight's speech. I find it truly insulting as an American to hear political analysists label Obama as "too arrogant and intellectual." Its even more upsetting especially since no one called Bush a "F*cking Retard" on national t.v., as they should have.

And in regards to the GOP response..... is it just me, or did the coverage of the GOP response by Virginia's governor strategically place some token minorities in the background? I love how as the camera finishes zooming in on him all you can see is a black lady on one side, and an asian dude on the other.

Uhhhh yeah, let's all sing Kumbaya with the Republicans and roast marshmellows around our campfire of warm hearted diversity because we all know thats what they are all about.

Nigga pleeeaasseee.

No comments:

Post a Comment